Deciding I needed to further skills with the Adobe suite, I wanted to experiment with something new. I found some interesting tutorials on how to create a low poly illustration from an original image. I generally try to work with my own original images where possible, but for the purposes of learning I used a nice image of The Joker( The child in me loves superheroes!). I spent a couple of days between working my day job, finding my way round this technique. I am enjoying getting to grips with new skills.
I used a grid to assist with converting the facial image to a series of triangles.
A close up of working the image into triangular sections.
Starting to draw in the hair using a Wacom tablet and pen.
Close up of the work in progress.
Using the background image to enable me to be accurate with the hair.
Background removed to see the progress made so far.
I decided to put a rough background shape under the drawn strands of hair. This gave a block colour behind which makes the hair more natural, as well as saving a lot of brush work.
The two images together to show comparison.
The finished result! I am fairly pleased with the outcome.
Converted to Grayscale. I like this.
I used ‘plastic wrap’ effect and adjusted the sliders to give this effect.